Gift Aid

As a registered charity, the Parish of St. Cuthbert can claim Gift Aid on donations we receive where the donor is a tax payer and chooses to Gift Aid their contribution. We can claim 25% of your donation back, at no additional cost to you.  You just need to complete the Gift Aid Declaration form here. Claims to HM Revenues and Customs (HMRC) are co-ordinated by our parish Gift Aid Coordinator, Alice Moore. Please return completed forms to her (contact details in the newsletter.)

Standing Orders

Save time and effort with your weekly donation by setting up a standing order. Just complete the Standing Order form here and return to Alice Moore. This can be done in conjunction with Gift Aid, to maximise your donation to the Parish, and save us all time and effort.

Donating Online

You can also donate to the parish via this online form.


Eligible Donations – On 6 April 2016 some changes to tax allowances became effective. Please remember that you must have paid sufficient Income/Capital gains tax that is at least equal to the amount reclaimed on all your Gift Aid donations to charities. If you have paid insufficient tax you will have to repay the shortfall. If you need tax advice please contact either your tax office or professional tax adviser.”


Q: Do I have to commit to paying a set amount each week?
A: NO. You have complete freedom as to what you pay each week

Q: Do I have to sign a form?
A: No. The declaration requires your full name, address and telephone number there is no place for a signature.

Q: I do not pay tax but my husband/wife/partner (not a catholic) does, can I Gift Aid my donations?
A: As long as the person who pays tax is willing to Gift Aid then yes, but the declaration must be in the name of the taxpayer.

Q: If I Gift Aid will I pay more tax?
A: No.

Q: Will I have to divulge my financial details to anyone?
A: No. Your financial situation is between you and the tax man all that is required is that you pay UK tax.

Q: What happens if I stop paying tax?
A: You need to inform your Gift Aid organiser who will stop claiming Gift Aid on your donations.

Q: I do not work but I do receive a pension can I Gift Aid?
A: As long as you pay UK tax on the pension yes you can Gift Aid.

Q: I pay income tax at 40%; will the parish receive a higher rebate?
A: No. The parish will only receive 25p for every £1 donated. The other 25p will be refunded to you.

Q: .Can I pay through my bank?
A: Yes. We have forms at the back of the church you can complete. This is set up as a Bank Standing order not a direct debit so you have complete control.